[Advaita-l] chid-aabhaasa

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 05:33:21 CST 2009

One further question about Panchadashi 8 and chid-aabhaasa please, since I
don't have the Sanskrit or a transliteration :

In such phrases as 'the intellect is inert' is 'buddhi' the word translated
intellect/intelligence ?

English blurs the distinction in translation between manas, buddhi and
chitta, with words like 'mind' or 'intellect', and it's rather vital to
understanding this operation of 'reflection'.

Michael