[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Andreas Leitz

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Feb 16 11:40:01 CST 2009

I am a young German man, who studies the Indian music philosophy come down
to us from oldest time. Found in Vedas, Upanishads and surely the
different musical scripts we have. I know to read the texts in original
scripts like Sanskrit and Tamil. My main interest is to understand the
texts and to discuss them with learned people. I have Pandits for music in
Kolkata and languages in Kolkata and Pondichery. I am interested in all
kind of texts dealing with music and philosophy, may be some not well
known texts. many texts of course I have in form of books or E-Texts at
home. I know the Sanskrit Insitute of Chennai,but didn´t have the pleasure
to join it till now. Usually when I stay in Pondichery, I visit the book
shop and try to find books and texts.The texts I have include the 4 Vedas,
15 Upanishads some Puranas,the music texts of Bharata Muni, Sarngadeva,
Matanga, many others like Silappadikaram,texts on poetic like Ananda
Vardanas Dvanyaloka.I couldn´t list here all the texts. The Texts of music
and philosophy are very difficult to understand,so it is important to have
people to discuss them. The Indian music is closed connected to the
philosophy of Vedanta and Shiva and Shakti.