[Advaita-l] SRI SUKTAM - Meaning

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Feb 11 22:57:15 CST 2009

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I think this transliterated sri sUktaM is from Krishna yajurveda ...As we
know in yajurveda maNtra-s we often use *gam/gm* (Isvareegam sarva bhutAnAm
in sri sUktaM, durgAm deveegaM sharaNam ahaM prapadya sutarasi tarase namaH
in durga sUktaM, purusha evedagaM sarvam in purusha sUkta etc.)

But here in the translietated keys Iśhvarígm is what we also chant...but we
chant pashoonAm rUpamannasya and not pashoonAgam (Paśhūnágm rūpam annasya)
is it one of the pAThAntara-s?? Kindly clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar