[Advaita-l] manyu suktam

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:48:44 CDT 2009

Please note that at the very beginning of rudram (namakam), the word "manyu"
comes. It is one of the names of Siva.
The name is used for any other *manifestation* of Him (Siva = Narayana =
paramaatma = parabrahma) signified by power, energy, passion,
mission-orientedness, etc.
Hence, *manyusUktam* is used for worshipping (*abhishEkam*) to Siva (as
rudra), narasimha and AnjanEya. Moreover, it is preferably to be used when
we are in "need" of this expressive/active/ferocious (didn't want to use
this word due to fear of misinterpretation) form of the "divine energy."
That is why, though it is listed in pancha-sUktas, it has to be used with
proper initiation and with due 'care.' Otherwise, it is difficult to
stand/sustain the energy. In short: Be properly initiated, advised and
guided.

namastE rudra manyavE
-Syam

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Narayan K.B.V. <kbvnarayan at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Dear Learned Friends,
>
> Can some one please help me to understand the importance & the context
> where Manyu Suuktam is recited.
>

> Best Regards,
> Narayan,
> Bangalore

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

Best Regards,
Syam