[Advaita-l] Science & Consistency

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Aug 25 01:30:03 CDT 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Mahesh Ursekar wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Is science logically consistent? By which I mean, is the understanding of a
> concept in one branch of science used consistently in every other branch?

Hmm perhaps this question might get a better answer in a philosophy of
science list but my understanding is this.  While the fundemental
underpinnings of science aren't 100% settled yet, most scientists have
hope that they can be.

Or I have heard it put this way: All of biology is a branch of chemistry, all
of chemistry is a branch of physics, and all of physics is a branch of
mathematics!