[Advaita-l] Ref request for somnath

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 00:12:54 CDT 2009

>If you rather believe the H1N1 Virus is avakR^ipaa of devi but that is your choice.  As a >tantrik you can propagate eating Mercury and worshiping Mercury Shiva Ling but to me >that is a total "andha-shrddhaa" that because toxicity of mercury does not discriminate >between a bhakta or an innocent by stander and remains true to its properties >>(guNadharma).

You raised this question about Mercury in this forum and others, a couple of years back and I gave an exact quotation from the rasa hR^idaya tantra showing that the ancients are quite aware of the toxic qualities of Hg.

That is followed by a warning of the effects of coming in touch with it without taking proper precautions. Because of its toxic properties house holders are not supposed to worship a Mercury linga, atleast in one of my teacher's tradition.

I belong to a smArta sAmpradAya, my teachers being smArta-s and I am not connected to any tAntrIka tradition.

So the blame is shifted to kShatriya's now. :)

Rgds
sa.