[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (analysis)

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 11:57:19 CDT 2009

Dear Bhaskar Prabhu-Ji

Please help me understand the "vaidic apaurusheyatva"in the following R^icaa

Where romasha is describes her private parts to the king svanaya -  Here, she compares the curly hair on the private part with sheep's wool from gaa.ndhaara_desh and suggests to disregard the apparent visible size?

aagadhitaa parigadhitaa yaa kashiikeva ja~Ngahe |
dadaati mahyaM yaadurii yaashuunaam bhojyaa shataa || R^igveda 1.126.06 ||
upopa me paraa mR^isha maa me dabhraaNi manyathaaH |
sarvaaham asmi romashaa gandhaariiNaam ivaavikaa || R^igveda 1.126.07 ||

Often scholars (especially Arya Samaji) have difficulty in even accepting that such description of Indra even exists in our R^igveda.  After Indra defeating the women warriors sent by namuci daasa decides to keeps two women for his own pleasure.  (Why two !?)

striyo hi daasa aayudhaani cakre kim maa karann abalaa asya senaaH |
antar hy akhyad ubhe asya dhene athopa praid yudhaye dasyum indraH || R^igveda 5-30-9 ||

I have purposely removed the udaatta and anudaata marks for easier understanding to drive home the message.  Hope few on this list get it !?

Regards,

Dr. Yadu