pranipata at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:49:45 CDT 2009
Hari Om Shri Bhadraiahji, Pranaams!
1. Wherever in veda-uttara-bhAga the creation is mentioned ( aitreya 2.1;
taittrIya 2.1) or any evaluation is done (Ananda mImAmsA) only human are
considered. The reason being pre-eminence in the form of right to karma and
knowledge leading to liberation.
2. In gIta-shAstra although all creatures of all three worlds are included
as in the vasha of guna (BG 7.12, 18.40); but transcending of gunAs &
becoming gunAtIta is confirmed only to human beings and the way is shown by
explaining the daivI, AsurI and rAkShasI sampads.
3. While the mokSha of other beings be arjuna-tree or gaja-indira, only
sadma-mukti is described and it does not say that the gajendra, the
elephant, after obtaining liberation, continued to worship the lord with
lotus after bath, everyday thereafter. So jIvanmukti is exclusive privilege
4. Even if there exist an exception somewhere; it prooves the rule not
5. All these are deliberate adhyAropa and any question regarding supposed
differences among beings can be best answered thro eka-jIva-vAda and I
subscribe to it.
In Shri Guru Smriti,
Br. Pranipata Chaitanya
> Kindly provide a reference to this. Looks like another western religious
> influence which says only humans have soul.
> If we exclude animals, we would also be going against Ch.U. story of
> Baka -Dalbhya in which shruti explains a version of uthgItha sung by dogs.
> Best regards
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list