[Advaita-l] meaning for certain mantras- Niranjana Mantrah

subramanya.uh subramanya.uh at in.yokogawa.com
Wed Oct 15 22:00:56 CDT 2008

Dear List Members,
In South India we use this Mantra as Neerajana  Mantrah (  arti with camphor ). Can any body in the list give full translation of the Mantrah? The Mantrah is produced below ( Excuse me for bad transliteration!). There are 20 short mantrAs.

narya prajA me gOpaya; am^RutatvAya jIvasE; jAtAm janishyamAnAMca; amRutE satyE pratishThiTam; atharva pitum mE gOpAya; rasamanna mihAyushE; adabdhA yOshita tano; avisham Nah pitum k^RuNu; shaggaMsya pashUnmE gOpAya; dvipAdO yE chatushpadah; ashTA shafAscaya ihAgnE; yE caika shaphA AshugAh; saprTha sabhAm me gOpaya; yE ca sabhyA sabhAsadah; TanindriyAvatkuru;  sarvamAyurupAsaTam; ahE budhniya mantram mE gOpAya; yam^Rushayastrai vidAviduh; ^Ruca sAmAni yajUgaMshi; sAhishriram^RutA satAm;

Normally about 10-15 such mantras are used for NirAjana.
It is also helpful if it is informed where such meanings are available over web site or in our archives.
With regards,
subrahmanya UH