[Advaita-l] shabdabrahman

Mahadevan Babu babunim at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 3 13:50:13 CST 2008

Dear Sriram Krishnamurthyji,

Namo NamaH
But, I have a small doubt. I don't believe H.H. Sri VidyaraNya would
have deviated from his Acharyals as this is mentioned by H.H.SRI
GOUDAPADACHARYA as well thus:

In the Mandukya Upanishad, Gaudapada's karika verses (Agama Prakarana)
24 to 28, Meditation on ' AUM ' is mentioned as a Sadhana for
attaining liberation, where the contemplation is on the thurIya

sarvasya praNavO hyAdirmaDhyamantastaThaiva cha |
Evam hi praNavam gyAthva vyashnutE tadanantaram ||

Om is indeed the beginning, middle, and end of everything. Having
known OM in this way indeed one attains immediately (identity with it)

SRI GURUBYO NAMAHA

Best Regards
Dev Babu