[Advaita-l] The Evolution of Advaita from Sankara till Date

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri May 16 03:46:00 CDT 2008

I think rigid is an unhappy choice of words here, Bhaskar. A more
appropriate word would be rigorous, rather than rigid.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly pardon me if I said anything wrong here.  By rigidity what I meant
was strict adherence to the method of sAmpradAyik teaching without any
compromise..As you know, we can see this type of unyeilding tenacity in our
bhagavatpAda's works.  But, I think later advaita writers are more flexible
in this regard and have the intention of reaching more people..Hence, very
often they are ready to violate the tradtional boundaries/obligations and
even dare to openly declare that it is not mandatory to understand advaita
vEdAnta...They are quite oblivious to the importance of traditional
teaching in advaita saMpradAya.

your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar