[Advaita-l] Discussion on the role of Yoga in Adwaita

srikanta at nie.ac.in srikanta at nie.ac.in
Sat May 3 01:22:11 CDT 2008

Dear Sri. Sadanandaji(Email,May 2,2008)
I hope you  have understood what I also have said in my Email.I am not
contradicting that performance of Nishkamakarma with Ishwararpana buddhi
as said by Shankara to obtain cittasuddhi.But,I do deny that practice of
other systems like Yoga,Sankhya,dhyana are necessary for obtaining Brahma
jnana.For this, we have the unmistakable endorsement of Shankara in his
Bhashyas that right perception alone removes avidya.The Upanishads also
declare in one voice:Naanya panthaha vidyate ayanaya"(There is no other
path whatsoever to achieve this).

Bhava Shankara desika me Sharanam.                    N.Srikanta.