[Advaita-l] Regarding the discussion"Do the vedas say that Brahman is not the ultimate reality of the world"

prem d p prem_d_p at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 29 01:05:37 CDT 2008

namaste...

  dear sri ananta,

  i am really sorry if i sounded harsh, but that was not my intention,
  nor was it an emotional response to your post.

  i was not trying to credit you or discredit you with having a theory
  to promote but to merely caution you against such influences,
  because i believe, for you and me vedas is not an object of
  curiosity but our way of living which is our sadhana too.

  certainly i cannot empathize with the ideas expressed in your post.

  see the bhagavad gita's elaboration of yajna, Lord Krishna is not
  trying to twist yajna to suit his purpose but clarifying the depth
  and scope of yajna in all life. karmakanda is about life and the worlds, jnankanda does not undermine the karmakanda but tells you what
  underlies it and what transcends it. vedas in is totality is about being,
  and non-being and what lies beyond both.

  pranam.

  ...prem

Ananta Bhagwat <ananta14 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Dear Sri prem
PraNama

Your point is noted. I am not in a position to see unified view of all veda-s as yet; that stage must be coming much latter and may not come in my life time like many others.

Still I am trying to figure out what could be the pet point I would like to prove other than my desire to see the vision of one in the earliest civilization at the time of Rk saMhitA.

As I said 'am open to corrections so that I do not proceed on wrong foot. Meanwhile I expect prem (empathy) from you rather than admonition :)

Regards
ananta