[Advaita-l] Question on Gita 8.3, 13.13

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 22:53:40 CDT 2008

Namaste,

Any thoughts on this question? At least 8.3?

Gita 8.3 (line one) akSaram brahma paramam svabhAvo adhyAtma ucyate |
Q: In 8.3, what does paramam qualify, akSara, or brahma?
i.e. Should we read  "param akSara is brahma", or
"akSara is param brahma" ?

Regards,
Shrinivas

Namaste,

Have a question on interpreting the following two verses from Gita based only
on Sanskrit language rules:
Gita 13.13 (second line): anAdimatparam brahma na sat tat na asat ucyate
Gita 8.3 (line one) akSaram brahma paramam svabhAvo adhyAtama ucyate

Q1: In 13.13, is it obvious that param qualifies brahma.
Q2: In 8.3, what does paramam qualify akSara, or brahma. i.e. should we read
"param akSara is brahma", or "akSara is param brahma" ?

Thanks, and regards,
Shrinivas

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs