[Advaita-l] -rare oration / rare occassion-

Santhosh Sharma santhosh_sharma at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 01:32:36 CDT 2008

pranams,
we have all seen/heard and would have attended discourses on advaitha, visishtadvaitha and dwaita in there respective shcools. Ofcourse there are exemptions wherein Advaitha school also has talked about other two.
Yesterday I witnessed a rare event where in reputed dwaita scholar dr nagasampige talked and gave a lecture on advaita and on the great works of Sri Adi Shankara. The first part of event was held in poornaprajna vidyapeeta of bangalore and the chief guest for this was renowned vedantha scholar Sri K G SubrayaSharma. Though the orator himself was a dwaitha follower, has tried almost to be neutral when speaking about one of the famous and most practiced philosophy, Advaitha. Dr Nagasampige spoke about the life of Sri Adi Shankara, Adwaita's interpretaion of self realization, oneness of jeva-atma and Advaitha guruparampara. He quoted simplest examples to make the audience (majority of them were dwaitins) understand the property of Advaitha Philosophy. The second event is scheduled on 27th July in the same place and will be on Vishistadvaita.

 thx+rgds
Santhosh Sharma