[Advaita-l] Mind

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 04:11:16 CDT 2008

praNAm all,

Hari Om, Marko,

AFAIK, if the mind does that, it will be the sole loser since the
seeker will continue to cleanse it. More likely, the mind will try to
tell you that you're self-realized indeed! It does that because it
wants to remain the way it always is, full of desires. By believing
it, the seeker stops cleansing the mind and mind gets what it wants.
Of course, I do not know if the mind works the same way after
realization since *That I* then doesn't have much to do with the mind.
And if you see what Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi are
really saying, the mind is dead (manonAsha) for a realized, much less
work like earlier.

 gurorarpaNamastu,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */