[Advaita-l] What is siddhiH? gita 2.48 yogasthaH kuru karmANi

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Jan 21 19:39:59 CST 2008

Dear Members
We have to take siddhi as pointing to the the results of action which are
performed without any attachment.The previous stanza which is hall mark of
Gita and oft quoted by all has said that action should be for actionsake
only and without attachment to its fruits nor  attachment to inaction as
action may not give the sought result.That is one has right only to perform
action.This is  the status of a Karma yogi.Baghavan has used three ma`s to
indicate the undesirable and in the next stanza He uses kuru to indicate how
the action is to be done by a yogi.So siddhi can be taken to mean success in
action and asiddhi to mean failure.R.Krishnamoorthy.