[Advaita-l] Learning Telugu

balu davey baludavey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:32:00 CST 2008

Resected Sri.Siva Senani Nori,
    Pranams. At the very outset I thank you for the response. I can converse
freely in Telugu.
I attend Spiritual discourses in Telugu either in person or through T.V
(like Gemini,Theja
channels). I have heard/read translated works of Vemanna and others. Somehow
I have developed desire to learn Telugu Scriptwise. It is only from the
spiritual angle that I wish to learn. We are all Gujaratis domiciled in
south. Some of us Studied Tamil and the rest Telugu as per the area where
they settled down. Since I was born and brought in Tanjore I learnt tamil.

I am put up in Kellys,Chennai 600010. and my telephone no. 09444262865 .

On 26/02/2008, Siva Senani Nori <sivasenani at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mr. Davey
>
> Where are you based?
>
> Are you looking for formal classes, or guidance in terms of what to read
> first, what next and so on? (Once you know the spoken language, the only
> real difficulty in getting familar with the alphabet - the going would be
> fairly smooth thereafter).
>
> As and when you do learn Telugu, one must-read is Potana, esp. the poems
> from his Telugu translation of Bhagavata - they are so good that Vinobha
> Bhave had said that he wanted to master Telugu in his next janma so that he
> could enjoy Potana's poetry!
>
> Senani

baludavey