[Advaita-l] Book review: Shri Shri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati (Life History & His Contributions to Shankara Vedanta)

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 11:35:19 CST 2008

Namaste Sri Davey -

I believe the fastest way to visit Holenarasipur from Chennai is to go to Bangalore, and then take transport towards Mangalore. It is a town close to Hassan or Chennarayapatna. So if you take buses, you would get off at either of these, and take frequent local buses. It is less than an hour from Hassan and less than half hour from Chennarayapatna. There are direct buses from Bangalore, but these may be slow. Taking an express bus to Chennarayapatna or Hassan and then taking local frequent buses is better.

Trains are a good alternative, but may take a little longer. You will have to go from Bangalore to Mysore, and all trains towards Mangalore/Arasikere/Hassan stop at Holenarasipur.

Here is the excerpt from wikipedia regading its location.

Holenarsipura is on a state highway between Mysore and Hassan and on another state highway between Somavarpete and Bangalore. Holenarsipura is connected to the rest of Karnataka and India by broad gauge railway. It is 32 km from Hassan, 90 km from Mysore and 175 km from Bangalore.

Here are the details if you like to contact them at
Adhyatma Prakasha Karyalaya
Holenarasipura,
Hassan Dist.-573211
Karnataka, India