[Advaita-l] Pourakutsa gotra from Ravi Chandrasekhara

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:04:51 CDT 2008

We have to keep in mind that after Parashurama killed the kshatriya
kings in his 21 expeditions the next generation of the Kshatriya kings
were actually fathered by the Brahmin rishis.  In a slightly different
condition even Vedavyasa was the biological father of Dhritarashtra
and Pandu. Moreover we have also to keep in mind that though there was
the restriction of pratiloma marriage yet the Brahmana, Kshatriya and
the Vaishyas were dvijas and all had Vedic education except that the
Brahmins were alone entitled to be teachers of Veda. So the difference
was not that insurmountable.

Regards,

Sunil Bhattacharjya