[Advaita-l] Fw :Pourakutsa gotra abhivadya (fwd) (Jaldhar H. Vyas)

M U mu0487 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 21:16:53 CDT 2008

Oh learned ones!

While discussing on "Gotras" would someone help me understand why a woman's gotra is told to be changed to her husband's gotra (and surname) after marriage? It is side-tracking the actual topic but I'm in anveshana and would really appreciate anyone's kind thoughts. This is not a feministic perspective...I'm just a curious learner.

Pranams,
Madhavi.