[Advaita-l] The story of India

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 18:08:55 CDT 2008

PraNAms to everybody

Someone has sent me this info and may be of interest to those who are
in US. If someone tapes it that is great.

Hari Om!
Sadananda
-------------

Discovery Channel’s six-part series  “The Story of India”

For over two millennia, India has been at the centre of world history
with its ancient civilization. India is moving with high speed in the
third millennia with its largest democracy, nuclear power and rising
economy. But we remain one of the few civilizations in the world still
in touch with the ancient past.

Through the Discovery channel's six-part series of The story of India,
historian and series narrator Michael Wood will take the viewers on an
enthralling journey through India to uncover the different elements,
the achievements and the dramatic history of our civilization.

These mystical stories will unravel on Discovery Channel every
Wednesday at 8 pm starting from April 16. The episodes will be repeated
every Sunday at 11 in the morning. The Discovery Communications India
spokesperson Rajiv Bakshi says, "The Story of India is a chronological
history of India. Viewers will witness the intense journey of a nation
that has over the century regenerated itself several times. The series
is replete with wondrous revelations in quintessential Discovery
style."