[Advaita-l] The essence of advaita

prabha prabhagc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:23:59 CDT 2007

 PraNAms Sri Amuthanji,  and everyone else!

I agree with your view point. But my question is not how I shall gain
deliverance. Every religion has a prescription for that – most of them
(Dvaita, Christianity, Islam…) seem to say that we are NOT same as god and
we are sinful/suffering because made mistakes along the way (bad Karma,
disobeying god...), hence the only way is to blindly follow their prescribed
path.

I have been told that Advaita is different and gives you the most logical
answer to the difficult questions. And the question I am asking is too basic
to not have been asked before – how could the Atman which, in essence, is
the same infinite, impenetrable, unaffected, unassailable, all-knowing
Brahman be deluded into a miserable state? I am certain that this question
has been beaten to death by our great seers. The various responses on this
list gives me the impression that there is an answer, but it takes far more
scriptural knowledge than I have to appreciate it. So I will try to gain
that knowledge first.

This IS the most awesome list! I thank you all.

Hari OM!

Prabha