[Advaita-l] mithyA from archives

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:20:35 CST 2007

namaskAraH,

Thanks SrI Amuthan once again for your response. I appreciate it deeply.

If I may summarize your position (just for clarity):
The question of the status of the world (including fundamental
particles, if any) arises only in vyavahAra wherein pramAtRtva is
superimposed on the Atman and hence arises the trio of pramAtR,
prameya & pramANa.

I entirely agree with the above. No issues here whatsoever. But does
the story end here?

There must have been good reasons why many of our AcArya-s have
considered sAMkhya to be the closest among the darshana-s to
advaita-vedAnta. Let me reflect on this point a little more and get
back later if required.

In the meantime, lets see if any of our other list vidvAn-s have
anything to say about this.

Thanks once again for your patient replies

Ramesh