[Advaita-l] Fw: How shruti is antya pramANa in advaita vEdAnta??

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Thu May 24 07:10:08 CDT 2007

Dear Members
I could see this mail only now.I think Faith in  the Sruthi means a positive
one that Its sayings are hundred percent true and following the same will
definitely lead to Liberation/moksham.A guru is required to understand the
sayings of the Sruthi  in the right manner.
Sri Sachidanendra Saraswathi Swamigal is attributed to have said that Sri
Adi Sankara had held the view that Anubhava also plays a part and that this
is more valid than the Sruthi.I think this debate appears to me as an
avoidable one as we all
know that Adi Sankara illuminated the Advaitha Siddhanta ONLY from the
Sruthi Vakyas and how one should read them and understand.Our logic may not
be sufficient to fully get at what exactly is meant by  the Sruthi when it
says Aham Brahmasmi,Tatvamasi,Aham Athma Brahma ,Prajnanam Brahmethi etc
.Sri Adi Sankara for our own benefit dwelton
these Maha Vakyas and gave His Bashyas on them  so that these are understood
in the
right manner.Those who seek mumukshathvam follow His Path.Anubhava is
one`s own self experience need not necessarily verifiable by others under
lab
conditions.The sadhaka   is content and he derives the benefit/satisfaction
by
following the Path shown by his Master .That is that. Mother only shows to
the child that so and so is its  father and the child accepts that.No
further examination of Dna and all that.Sruthi is called as Matha and it
shows that Brahman is verily cognisable.That is that.Sri Sengalipuram
Brahmasri Anantharama  Dikshithar always will say Veda  matha.
R.Krishnamoorthy.