[Advaita-l] Stotras of Shankara

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 22:06:14 CDT 2007

Two of Shankara's stotras have been uploaded to the advaita siddhi website.
The first one is a favorite of mine, the LakshmI-narasimha Pancharatna. This
small stotra has many gems hidden in it. Can you find them? I have found a
few.

I had written the translation of this stotra a few years ago and posted it
here. I have since updated it with more notes, including quotes from the
BhAgavata, where PrahlAda, the Vaishnava par excellence, teaches his friends
about Vishnu Bhakti.

The other stotra is the Shiva-aparAdha-KShamApaNa stotra, which Shankara
has, obviously out of compassion, composed for the benefit of those of us
who have committed an offense by not worshipping Shiva.

http://www.advaitasiddhi.org/lnrpanch.pdf

http://www.advaitasiddhi.org/shivap.pdf

Anand