[Advaita-l] With reference to Bhaskerji's posting on the meaning of the words"balya" and "mouna"

srikanta at nie.ac.in srikanta at nie.ac.in
Thu Mar 15 01:19:41 CDT 2007

Dear Sirs
this is with reference to the words"balya" and "mouna" as found in
"ratnaprabha"vyakhyana,as shravana,manana,nidhidhyasana,I have read in the
Sutrabhasya itself that "balya" stands for what we call as
childlike(mugdha),just as a child is with respect to shame and all that,
and mouna indicates an all knowing jnana state.Shankara states that a
Jnani's status is like that of a child.
                         Bhava Shankara Desika me saranam.Om namo
Naryayanaya.                   N.Srikanta.