SSS and Madhva (was Re: [Advaita-l] Review of MarthaDoherty'scomments on Sri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati)

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 13 01:33:36 CDT 2007

praNAms Sri Ramakrishna Balasubramanian prabhuji
Hare krishna

Rama prabhuji:

Dear Bhaskar,

I wish you would read stuff as it is, and not give your own bhaaShyas
to them (as with Sureshvaras verse).

bhaskar :

Kindly do point out to me where I have added my *own* bhAshya to
sureshwara's vArtika quote..as far as I remember, I've asked Sri Karthik
prabhuji to check saMbhAnda vArtika with regard to this & quoted a part of
bhAshya vAkya from shankara where he hints that the brahman is the vishaya
of avidyA...

Rama prabhuji :

I merely said that I would not comment on the sampradaayic validity of SSS
anymore, and not on whether his interpretations make any sense.

bhaskar :

Kindly pardon me if I misread your writings...

Rama prabhuji :

BTW, your concern is touching and don't worry. It's almost ready. I
sent it to Kartik about a month back, and he made a number of valuable
suggestions  very quickly. Unfortunately it requires quite a bit of
work on my part, but it should get ready soon.

bhaskar :

That would be great news prabhuji...I am one of the admirers of your
erudition in scriptures & shankara siddhanta...I hope that would be an
interesting/anxious reading for us those who follow Sri SSS's teachings.

Rama prabhuji:

PS: Sarcasm-and-politeness-police please take note. But, I guess
sarcasm is ok when it comes from SSS, or his followers (as seen
below), but terribly, terribly wrong when it comes from me.

bhaskar :

As far as I know, I didnot mean any sarcasm when I asked you to send that
paper...If at all it sounds sarcasm for you, I offer my apologies..

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar