[Advaita-l] article by Coman

Sundaresan, Vidyasankar (GE Infra, Water) vidyasankar.sundaresan at ge.com
Fri Jun 15 11:28:06 CDT 2007

>Dear Sri Sundaresanji and other members of the list,
>
>	Humbled again. By now, if I had any sense, it would be more than
obvious
>that I need to listen more and speak less on advaita-l. Though tempted,
by
>vanity as much as truth seeking to defend my previous praise of Paul
Hacker, I
Sorry if I came across too strong, but my intention was not to humble
anybody! Nor
was it to deny Hacker's importance absolutely. I just wanted to point
out that there
were and are other excellent academic scholars who disagree with one or
more of
Hacker's conclusions re: Sankara and advaita philosophy and tradition.
As for listening more and speaking less, I would like to point out that
we would all like
more participation from members who tend to be silent most of the time.
Otherwise, the
same people end up discussing pretty much the same things over and over
again, in
various forms. That is not the goal of this list.
Regards,
Vidyasankar

ps.This is for Sri Werlings - speaking of Michael Comans, his book "The
Method of
Early Advaita Vedanta; A Study of Gaudapada, Sankara, Suresvara and
Padmapada"
(Motilal Banarsidass, 2000) has a discussion of the somewhat unique
usage of the word
dharma in GK, kaTha etc.