[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 51, Issue 12

viswanathan n vishy39 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 02:50:52 CDT 2007

Dear Bhaskar Prabhu
Hare Krishna

Your question about vairagya ,esp, in real  life situations,  is very
practical and relevent to every householder like us.

Here is where the concept of living in "present"  comes..... "Right Now
Right Here"  should be the approch to the life.

Scene one....condole the death and console the near ones when you are there
in that scene....  be there totally,without even thinking of those at
home....  be there bit more time if need be, but the movement you are out of
that place ..come out completely

than the scene changes..you are at home. If still time is there, take your
people for a movie. Let them enjoy. (assuming they dont even know the dead,
as you said)

According to me I was neither touched nor involved in neither of the places.
Nevertheless  I do perfrom just the 'act' of consoling or enjoying. I remain
unaffected . (the scene you mentioned , once practically came across in my
life)

Is it this called vairagya???? Whatever..... I remain unattahced to the
surroundings, but I do respond
to the scene as I am expected to.

Pranams

Viswanath