[Advaita-l] Veda Vyasa Ashtothara

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:34:52 CDT 2007

vyAsa pUjA as the start of cAturmAsya is for sannyAsins only. However, there
is no prohibition from householders/students doing a pUjA on the same day to
vyAsa the same way as one would do a pUjA to gaNapati or Siva or kRshNa.
During the upAkarma, to my knowledge, there is no specifically separate
vyAsa pUjA. vyAsa is mentioned along with other Rshi-s in the kANDa Rshi
tarpaNa.

Regards,
Vidyasankar