Raman Maharshi (was Re: RES: [Advaita-l] New member introduction:AsadMustafa Rizvi)

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Jan 29 19:53:17 CST 2007

ramana is a true master. he analysed the works and the world from the
formless to the formed from the stand point of Ego.
he wanted the mind to be annulled by the simple question"who Am I?"
that his words and work have been seen by scholars as an embodiment of
advaita is purely coincidental...
The maharishi's disciples used to take works of other saints for
interpretation and like a true master ever selfless Ramana used to expound
clearing their doubts on certain aspects. before we conclude that he was a
mere translator or a pure crystal who has shed no instrinsic color i would
caution you to merely read his upedesa saram and at best we can say that his
was a form of Jnana Marga to self realisation. One can see shades of advaita
in Ramana but to say that Ramana espoused advaita is to reduce the form to a
shadow!