[Advaita-l] shaDdarhana and other unorthodox schools

Sylvain elisabeth-sylvain at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 24 17:00:22 CST 2007

As an Occidental, I am quite sure that advaita is slowly being discovered
and appreciated in Occident.

- Meister Eckhart (1260-1328) a christian who is not recognized by the
christian religious institutions was very close with the advaita point of
view.  He is (only today!) being translated in modern German, English,
French and certainly other languages.

- Arnaud Desjardins, still among us, greatly contributed to present advaita
in French speaking world.  I think he was the first westerner to film MA
AnandamayI.

- Many westerners are discovering advaita nowadays because they realise

I see a great future for advaita.

Sylvain