[Advaita-l] Is advaita atheistc?

Vishy vishy1962 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 23:26:40 CST 2007

Dear Rizviji

  A good question indeed. But the answer for your question is neither yes nor no. Theism or atheism are different sides of the same coin called beleif. Thats is holding God as diffeernt personality and either beleiveing him or not beleiving him.
  Where as Advaita is beyond all these, transcending these beleifs and identifing him as one ona only on everywhere/ everything without second. Its the way of seeing God/ Godliness every where/ everyone and feeling the oneness.
  Advaita doenst see you as different and rather says you are  that one.

  Here no "isms' or beleif systems'  but trascending all to realise the " Truth"
  beyong the very existence.

  Vishwanath

asad mustafa <asad.mustafa at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
  In the name of God, most gracious, most merciful.

I have a querry. Is advaita vedanta atheistic
religion?

I see Ramana making few references to God. Similarly,
most of the discussions on this list are also without
reference to God. I understand that 'vedanta' comes
from veda. Is veda polytheistic or monotheistic or
atheistc?

Jazakallah
Asad Mustafa Rizvi

For assistance, contact: