[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 9 02:23:49 CST 2007

Namaste Jagannathan,

I would totally agree with you.  From the standpoint of mukti, both
unsteady Jnana & ajnana are avidya alone.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, from the absolute standpoint there is no vyvahAra such as vidyA &
avidyA...the socalled mukti also comes within the purview of the
transactional reality only (ref. vide shanakara's adhyAsa bhAshya)....when
one realizes that he is in reality  *the witness* of the mind, and takes
his stand there, from that point of view he is ever *paripUrNa & kEvala
sAkshi chEtaH* no question of gradation in that absolute knowledge.  That
is the reason why Atmapratyaya jnAna or the firm convinction regarding
one's own true nature is also a false one since this conviction is also a
generated thing in the mind!! ( a manOvrutti)..It is only from the stand
point of knowledge, the same absolute self is called as jnAni which once
upon a time called as ajnAni due to its association with nAma rUpa
upAdhi-s!!  it is just like saying in the dream " this is right " & "that
is wrong" but after waking we say both these *right & wrong in dream* are
false knolwedge only!!! Shankara gives this example in gIta bhAshya.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar