Raman Maharshi (was Re: RES:[Advaita-l]Newmemberintroduction:AsadMustafa Rizvi)

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Thu Feb 1 19:29:43 CST 2007

Namaste Rameshji
Iam thankful for your time...
kindly refer to vivekachudamani verse 31, 32 for the clarification about the
essence of Jnana and Bhakti Margas and the difference between self enquiry
and enquiry into the nature of Atman and also verse 570 of vivekachudamani
about the repose of Adi Sankara that srutih does not permit
duality...Advaita is a State and to attain it there are verily numerous
paths...Bhakti, Jnana and other paths to that state of advaita!
know that kaivalya or oneness is the requisite to Brahman according to
Vedanta and that many have embarked upon the paths, many paths themselves
and many are the levels at each path before the attainment of the final
stage.
this is a forum for discussing advaita, or non duality. and therefore i
thought it correct to present to you that while the essence of all Sages and
their teachings may be the Truth that is One, we cannot quote them out of
context nor can we allude their teachings in an interchangeable manner. one
may take any liberty to make Ramana an Advaitin or Adi Sankara himself as
merely an Jnana Margi, and one need not join issue on this save this forum
which exaltedly seeks to explore the nuances of non-duality. Else there
would be not the slightest discomfort if the form were to be subsituted with
shadows.
Pranaams.