[Advaita-l] SSS: Anantanand Rambachans Study

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:52:03 CDT 2007

A pretty good summary of the book quoted is in

http://www.pramana.org/Dayananda/Disciples/rationale.pdf

I am not sure if this link has been pointed out on the list before.

Note that the point shrutyaadayaH and anubhavaadayaH are exegetical
techniques does not occur in the paper at all. With all due respect to
Prof Rambachan, and his excellent book, he does not seem to have noted
the secondary use of the word pramaaNa in the quoted passage. Note
that ***both Padmapaada and SSS**** agree that shrutyaadayaH refer to
exegetical techniques.

Rama

PS: The other highly amusing thing is that Ramabachan is a disciple of
Dayananda Saaswati, 2 of whose disciples have heavily crtiticized SSS,
one of whom has got a Ph.D by criticizing SSS! The irony is quite
comical, to say the least, quoting Ramabachan to disprove a
***mis-understanding*** of my paper. Needless to say, 2 negatives do
not make a positive, at least in this case.

PPS: Perhaps, I should quote all books that I have read, and have no
relevance to the paper also. That should boost the page count by 3 or
4 pages!