[Advaita-l] Reconciling advatia with bhAgavata dharma

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:22:05 CDT 2007

Namaste,

Expanding on a previous post (copied below):
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-March/019140.html

We have seen three entities: kSara puruSa,
akSara puruSa, and puruSottama.

Following this theory, there are two paths
that one can choose to adopt:

Path1: Here one focuses exclusively on the
puruSottama and strives to overcome everything
that is in the realm of mAyA.

Path2: One strives to increase ones
understanding of purusottama, and mAyA
shakti. However, the goal is to attain
the state of akSara puruSa.

In path2, since the final goal is an
asymptotic state it is never "attained",
Hence a "difference" between the bhakta
and bhagavAn (akSara puruSa) is always
maintained. Also a "difference" between
one bhakta and other is always maintained.
These statements should be acceptable since
they are made in the context where mAyA
has NOT been (completely) overcome.

Using this line of thought it should be
possible to understand bhAgavata dharma