[Advaita-l] Re: paJNchAyatana pUja

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:19:57 CDT 2006

Namaste Bhaskarji,

The goal of upAsana is to become one with the upAsya. Thus we must
exercise caution before setting out on upAsana *on our own*. In any
case, I find it strange that you have not mentioned Adisha~Nkara
bhagavatpAda or one's guru in your list. In the case of the
historically documented personalities you have mentioned, we may be
sure that some of them are not advaitins.

Regarding indra, varuNa and other vedic devas, historically they have
been worshipped via yaj~nas (which are taking place presently also)
and not by ArAdhana. But it is notable that yaj~na is also a form of
worship.

Regards,
Abhishek

--
tasmAttvamuttiShTha yasho labhasva
jitvA shatrUn bhu~NkShva rAjyaM samR^iddham|