[Advaita-l] Recommended Vedanta-bhashya?

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:09:45 CDT 2006

> Namaste Sri Senani,
>
> Would you (and/or the list members) recommend any good translations of
> the AchArya's works in hindi or tamil ? (especially
> the prakaraNa granthas as I am a beginner).
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> Shyam

Some good Indian language translations are published by the Gita
Press, Gorakhpur. You can commonly find their stalls at railway
stations across the country. Their translations retain almost the
entire Sanskrit vocabulary with only the grammar changed to the
relevant language.

The Ramakrishna Math's Chennai Ashrama publishes translations in
Tamil. You can order them online at www.sriramakrishnamath.org. The RK
Math also has Hindi translations published by their Nagpur Ashrama.

Ramesh