[Advaita-l] mImAMsa bhAShya of Sabara svAmin

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 03:55:50 CDT 2006

Namaste,

Has anybody on this list read Ganganatha Jha's work containing the
saMskRta text & translation of Sabara's mImAMsa bhAShya?

I want to develop a better understanding of the mImAMsa idea that the
deity is manifested in the mantra. For this, I was trying to locate a
suitable text. Does Ganganatha Jha's work provide the requisite
explanation?

Also, if any of our members could expand on this idea (the deity being
embedded/manifested in the mantra), I would be grateful for the same.

Though this question does not strictly pertain to advaita-vedAnta, it
is still relevant to non-saMnyAsI-s, including smArta-s.

oM namaH SivAya
Ramesh