[Advaita-l] Saravjnatman s Pancaprakriya

venkata subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 08:59:48 CDT 2006

  I think I read in one of the Kamakoti Pitha publications that the
Upanishad Brahmendra matha still exists in Kanchi and its acharyas are
"cousins" of the acharyas of Kamakoti Pitha. I.e. both their lineages
have a common ancestry. This would explain the common Indra Saraswati
suffix to their names.

----  I have my doubt on this.   Other than the Upanishad Brahmendra Math Swamjis, there have been many other Indra Saraswathis in fact.  The famous Prapancha Sara Sara Sangraha of Geervanendra Saraswathi, the famous Vasudeva Brahmendra Saraswathi who translated Vichara Sagaram into Sanskrit etc.  are neither in the kanchi math tradition nor the Upanishad Brahmendra Math line, but they are still Indra Saraswathis.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

Sadgurubhyo Namah.