[Advaita-l] Re: shodasa upachara puja

suresh maruthi maruthisuresh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 00:51:19 CDT 2006

Dear All
Just a minor observation. In all probability Bhaskararaya hailed probably
from a Marathi speaking family in Bijapur which is presently in Karnataka.
His family deity Chandralamba (I think he wrote a work called Chandralamba
Mahatmya) where he constructed a temple in the form of a srichakra meru is
at Sannathi also in this region.

I have also seen in an introduction in Sanskrit to the Shakambari
Sahasranama that Bhaskararaya and his father worshipped this deity and
belonged to the region.

As you may all know the main temple for Shakambari  is at Banashankari
around 5 km off Badami (capital of the Chalukyas) in Bijapur district.

Suresh