[Advaita-l] Re: ADMIN: Regarding Age/History of Sankara

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:58:55 CDT 2006

namaste

Some of the responses posted by Sri B. Shridhar are unacceptable in this
thread. Personal attack on one of the moderators and the respected scholar,
Sri Vidyasankar Sundaresan is unacceptable.   If member resort to such
postings, we will have little choice but set their status to moderated.

 If you feel hurt by a posting, it is better not to respond to the list.
Instead send it to the moderators.  As Jaldhar pointed out once, we
moderators are independent and we differ on some issues. That brings a good
balance to the team.

IMHO, our faith in AchArya-s should be reflected in the adherence to the
dharma and not on peripheral matters such as when  and where Sankara was
born.  Once a devotee  told me that Sri Sri chandrasekarendra saraswathi
swamiji told him should do 1008 gayatri japa at least once a week, if not
every day. To me that is critical and valuable for upliftment, not matters
like when and were Sankara was born.

Also, I would request fellow administrators to distinguish what they post in
the status administrator with ADMIN keyword in the subject line. That will
help the readers distinguish your role as administrator from the role of
list participant in a discussion.

With best wishes,
Ravi

On 10/11/06, Ravisankar Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com > wrote:

> Please do not post any more messages on this thread.  I will send a more
> detailed response by evening.
>

> With best wishes,
>
> Ravi

RaviSankar