[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Nilima Chitgopekar

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon May 1 20:00:36 CDT 2006

  I have been teaching History at the Jesus & Mary College for over 23
years. My main research has been on Shivaism. I teach the history of
religions to the MA students of delhi University wher the topics I cover
are Shivaism, Vishnuism and Tantrism. In the last three years or more I
have been reading the Upanishads and other putatively authored texts such
as the Saundaryalahari and Shivanandalahari. My next monograph in fact is
on the former. I have been going to Oxford frequently and some of the
scholarsr there have been working in the theology dept, got me addicted to
this kind of reading.