[Advaita-l] creationist And evolutionist

Sanjay Varma sanjay.varma.gm at gmail.com
Mon May 1 06:00:44 CDT 2006

>   That said, I don't think Sat became many - including man, animal, plant, and inanimate at once. My own interpretation of Sruti would be that the 'many' more likely included amoeba or whatever was the first animate being.

Senaniji,
my understanding is that this apparent projection of brahman as the
universe, which we may call "creation" is not an event that took place
at a certain place at a certain time. It has always happened,
continues to happen and will continue to happen forever, everywhere in
the universe. this is the reason why we see signs of intelligent
design (the supreme intelligence of ishvara) in all we can observe in
this material world (anytime/anywhere).