[Advaita-l] Seeking God - non-veg and alcohol

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 07:54:04 CST 2006

> So, Santhosh gAru go ahead: eat, drink (with friends not with strangers -
> parapeeDanam is always pApam; and not more than three if possible), and
> make
> merry. That shouldn't conflict with dharma.
>
> Cheers

I am afraid this is not the correct appreciation of vedic dharma. As Sri Ram
Garib pointed out, drinking to cheer up would not fit anywhere in vedic
dharma. It may be permissible only if it is a part of some accepted
religious practices (here also I am not sure if "soma" used in vedic yAga
was really an intoxicant) or accepted by shishTAchAra (such as kAla-bhairava
temple in Ujjain).

praNAm