[Advaita-l] discussion about panchayatan puja

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 03:43:43 CST 2006

Namaste,

On 3/2/06, Viswanathan <viswanathann at al-hassan.com> wrote:

> The points raised by shri. Abhishek is very much true.
>
> Let me try to explain with my limited understanding:
>
> - The ultimate truth is only "ONE" without name/form/ beginning or the
> end.That ONE is very much in you too. To realisew that is the goal of
> advaitha.

*Well* as far as the fourth ashrama [Sannyasa]  is concerned, except Brahma
Vishnu and Shiva (spouses) they do not meditate on other gods. In general it
is said that all those who worship God heads and others (ex. Indra,
Varuna,.... etc) are termed as devanAmpriya. If I remember right Ashoka too
had a title devanAmpriya. But devanAmpriya also means *fool* (as the person
would simply worship those God heads without worshipping the Ultimate).

Regards

Prasad Kadambi
--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!