[Advaita-l] Is "Religious Propaganda" a Duty?

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 08:54:08 CDT 2006

propaganda implies falsehood, the Shankara mathas are
not a vehicle for religious propaganda nor have they
been accused of doing so.
The charter of the Shankra mathas is to keep alive the
vedic traditions and teach dharma in congruence with
the teachings of Adi Shankara.
Exhorting one to do ones duty is not propaganda, in
any case Mahaperiyaval preached only to those who came
to listen to him voluntarily.
And from your quote looks like even those who came to
listen, did not follow what he said :)

regards
Vishwam

=== message truncated ===