[Advaita-l] On the word "nArAyaNa"

Annapureddy Siddhartha Reddy annapureddy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 18:07:26 CDT 2006

shrI rAmakR^iShNanji,
            Thanks for more information on the nArAyaNa issue. Some
points on your comments:

-- Speaking for my friend (who is a vishiShTAdvaitin), here is a quote
from him which I clipped when I posted the links:
"My personal belief is that this issue is not of that much importance.
If it were, Sri Ramanuja or Sri Desika would have given it some
importance. They didn't even mention the Panini issue in all their
works."
I am mentioning this just so there is no misunderstanding of the
intent in delving more on this issue.

--  Could you also tell more about the vIra vaiShNava doctrine, apart
from the fact that they despise worship of any other God? Thanks. As
for dvaita vEdAnta, they acept "HariH sarvottamaH VAyuH jIvottamaH".
In the tAratamya that they believe in, they place mahAdEva below
brahma and shrI hari.

-- Also, you mentioned that tyAgarAja was close to advaita. Could you
tell us more about it? I only know of his devotional songs to shrI
rAma, and was unaware that he advocated advaitic beliefs. Thanks.

A.Siddhartha.